Friday, August 28, 2009

New York here we come...

First stop we made was New York City. Unfortunately I did not have my camera on me as I forgot it as this trip was a spur of the moment kind of thing. We couldn't sleep one night so my fiance, our best friend Bobby and his uncle Dale decided to take a ride in his fancy cobra and go to visit Times Square. It was pretty neat to see all of the billboards and signs lit up down there at 3am. I really liked a Coca-Cola billboard which looks like a bunch of construction workers are trying to fix the lighting inside of it. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it as it's really cool and looks unbelievably real:) We also got to see Ground Zero where the twin towers once stood ...it is so sad to think of all the lives affected from this tragic event so we were at a loss for words, instead of talking we stood in silence and I said a little prayer. We then stopped at a little pizza shop called "Famous Ray's" and the pizza was really good but very expensive $2.75 a slice in fact and $3.50 for a small fountain soda. Well that's city eating for ya;) Oh and in case anyone is wondering that saying you hear about New York being the city that never sleeps it is so true..everyone was awake and functioning as if it was the middle of the day. On a short note it was a fun night and we got to visit the New Yorkers:)

No comments: