Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 23: All About Me......For My Future Swap Pals

Name: Aimee
State: PA
Birth date: 4/30
Work? Fulltime college student and I work part time in a daycare.

Have pets? Name/breed: yep a mini daschund pup (love her), a cute hammie, and a water turtle.

Favorite food: Italian food is awesome..I love stuffed shells, lasagna, pizza, fettucini alfredo, etc.

Things you collect: I love the beach and tend to collect things related to it such as seashells, stones, sand dollars heck I even collect the sand lol. I collect unique, or antique buttons, hummingbirds, I also horde pretty fabric as I also love to sew, gnomes(particulary with round noses..they are so so cute), I have an unhealthy fascination with polka dotted things and I think cupcakes are adorable and delicious..I love to eat them and love accessories or fabric with them on it:) Also I love knitted/crocheted amigurumi toys(fruits, veggies, animals, etc) they are soo cute…pretty much anything random and cutesy is right up my alley, I am an accessory kind of gal lol ;)

Where have you always wanted to travel to? I have always wanted to travel to Ireland, Australia, England, Italy, France, Canada, Egypt, Colorado and many more.
A Perfect Day would be… a day in which I had no hand pain and could spend the whole day with my loved ones..preferably somewhere outdoors in nature…maybe camping in the Fall :)

What is one thing that always makes you happy no matter what? Why? Just being loved…a nice meaningful hug can always bring a smile to my face and make my day…I also love babies and animals(they are so cute they make me smile just looking at them).

Do you volunteer or contribute to any organization? If so which ones? I knit for the preemie project organization as well as hats for hospitals in my area. I also make animal toys for various pet shelters, and stuffed toys for orphaned children.

If you could eradicate one problem the world is suffering from, which would it be and why?
Mental illness of all kinds. It is so prevalent in the world anymore and seeing the people who suffer from it and what their friends and families go through is heartbreaking. It is like they are unable to control the situation and the illness makes the victim into someone totally different from the person they once were.

Favorite author: Mary Higgins Clark, and Jk. Rowling..suspense/thrillers mostly.

Favorite actress:Kate Hudson and Rachel McAdams

Pet peeve: people who are insensitive, judgemental, and manipulating..in other words mean people suck!

Tea/coffee: both …depends on the day lol

Hobbies: Whenever I am not crafting I love lounging around with my fiance and friends pretty much just relaxing and enjoying life. I also love taking day trips to random places in which I have either never been or seldom get to visit. I enjoy taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of these new places typically by camping :)

One thing that we don’t know about you: despite my sweet disposition, I can be very sassy when i want to be ; )
Complete this sentence: “Happiness is”…… being with loving friends and family..it makes my heart happy!
If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I would like to lose some weight or be able to miraculously ditch this rheumatoid condition that pains me.

Favorite holiday: Christmas : )

It doesn’t feel like the holidays unless I have:My friends and family with me and Christmas music playing…oh! and Christmas lights the colorful ones…and yummy homemade dishes =)

Favorite weather: Fall & Spring ..not too hot and not too cold.

Favorite place to get “away” from it all: When I get overwhelmed I like to take walks and enjoy the fresh air. When I really need to get away from it all I like to go camping or to the beach.

I wish I had……. a winning powerball ticket lol

My favorite colors are: I like all colors in nature and then some - I prefer the deeper, more saturated version of the color though. The richer in hue the better(think jewel tones) ;) I’m not fond of fluorescent colors or dusty colors(think mauve, robins egg blue etc.) as they always look dingy to me : / I usually do not buy variegated yarns because I am just a little picky with them(you can find ones I like in my etsy favorites)… instead I tend to gravitate towards subtle shade variations such as kettle-dyed yarn(love it!) and solids.

These types of fibers I love:
I love all natural fibers ….superwash merino wool, cashmere, silk, alpaca, bamboo, corn, organic cotton etc. pretty much anything soft. I love to try out different brands of yarn and that is what I always look forward to when it comes to swaps…. all I ever seem to buy for myself is craft store yarn so swaps are usually a real treat for me!

These fibers, not so much:
Not really an acrylic fan as it tends to feel plasticy. The only one I like is Caron simply soft or eco. I do not like to knit with cotton unless it is a blend or organic because otherwise it is too hard on my pain stricken hands. I am opposed to scratchy fibers (mohair being one big one) as I have really sensitive skin that gets irritated easily and angora tends to make my nose itch.

I have a secret. That is my allergy to…
Cigarette smoke and my fiance is allergic to cats so yarn coming from a home without these is preferred, however I know that it may be difficult to place me in swaps as alot of people own cats so if need be I wouldn’t mind if my partner had them as long as she/he could keep my yarn in a Ziploc bag away from them;) Also I do not like floral scents as they often make me sneeze and trigger migraine headaches.


Do I have a family? That answer is…
Yes; my mom, my fiancée, my dog Chloe, Hamster Briere, and turtle squirt ;)

Of all the projects in the world, my favorite is:  I cannot knit big items due to a rheumatoid condition that plagues my hands so I like to knit simple/small things such as hats, scarflettes, purses,  mittens, and socks.(due to this fact I prefer quality yarn over quantity for my small projects)

These three words describe me best of all:
Lovable/Cuddly, Sassy, and Creative

Hope I don’t sound like a pain..I swear I really am an easy going person. I tend to be overly thorough on swap questionnares lol (I’m doing it again)…….. as long as some thought and love is put into the package I’ll be ecstatic ;)

No comments: