Monday, October 19, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 18: Fiberlicious Shopping Experience...

Today I stopped at a Michaels in New Jersey just to get one tiny ball of dishcloth cotton. However, once there what did I stumble upon?! A big cart was in the middle of one of the yarn aisles(almost like it was waiting for me) and it was filled with several skeins(some without labels) of yarn priced at just $1 a ball! Turns out from my years of knitting/crocheting I have developed such a love for yarn that even without labels I have developed the ability to figure out exactly what it is. My fiance called me a "yarncylopedia" lol
Now for the breakdown:
                4 skeins of Moda Dea Washable Wool (I love this stuff)- regularly priced at $7.99 a piece


.........in pretty Autumn colors too!
 (colors best represented in first picture)






Then I have 9 skeins of TLC cotton
plus yarn- regularly priced at $3.49 a piece








Then I also scored 6 Lion Brand cotton(the big 5 oz balls)-regularly priced at $4.99 a piece and 1 sugar n' cream skein-regularly priced at $1.79 a piece.


Last but not least in the cart were two yummy skeins of yarn I have been wanting to try out. 1 skein of Patons SWS in the pretty blue colorway and 1 skein of Bernat Organic Cotton.






The Patons SWS- regularly priced at $5.99 a skein

The Bernat Organic cotton-regularly priced at $4.99





So to recap my total if I would have paid full price would have been somewhere around $104.41 but because of this wonderful sale, I bought 22 skeins of yarn for a total of $22! Thats alot of future projects...and I saved close to $83.00 ...........Yay me =)




No comments: